Tips for Writing
Are you interested in getting better at writing? Do you want to be a writer when you grow up?
So do we! Here are some tips to help you become a phenomenal writer!
1. Using bigger words in your writing.
- Do not be afraid to explore fancy synonyms
- Ex: instead of using "but", use "however". Instead of using "good", use "wonderful".
2. Decorating your writing with Rhetorical Devices.
- Rhetorical devices are similes, metaphors, personifications, and more.
- They are the posters and stickers of writing.
- Similes and metaphors compare a thing to something else, while personifications add personalities to animals and objects.
3. Edit, edit, edit
- Do not be afraid to take days to edit your work
4. Asking a trusted mentor to review your
writing and give critical constructive
feedback helps you develop your skill of writing.
5. Never be afraid to take constructive feedback, if the person means well, they
most likely just want to help you grow!
You can receive more help from us written personally from students by messaging us on the site, or even Direct Messaging us on Instagram at @pediaforthemedia.